Friday 22 February 2013

Last Weekend

Well, we got back from my parents' house on Tuesday after spending a long weekend in Berkshire.  We had a really lovely weekend.  We managed to see a lot of my gorgeous niece & nephew as well, which my girls were really happy about.

On Saturday morning we took all 4 children to a local Play Centre & spent a couple of hours watching the girls run around like wild things while my 7 month old nephew looked on, desperate to be able to join in!  I did take a few photos but it seems that none of them really turned out very well - who knew that children wouldn't stay still long enough to get a non-blurry picture?!!!!

My Sister-in-Law cooked a delicious dinner for us all on Saturday evening, which was really nice.  She fed us home-made lasagne followed by apple & rhubarb crumble - yummy!!!

We went to visit one of my old school friends & her family on Sunday morning.  It was so nice to catch up with them - the last time we saw them we had only just found out that I was pregnant with Abby, so that was well over 2 years ago!!!  They have a 2 year old daughter (who was only about 6 weeks old when we last saw them) & had a son back in November - the recipient of baby blanket #5.

Sunday afternoon was then spent out in my parents' garden with the girls blowing bubbles - the weather was beautiful, albeit still very cold!!!  Yummy Sunday roast followed (beef with yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes & vegetables) & chilling out with Mum & Dad, Sister-in-Law & children.

I took the girls to visit my Grandparents on Monday morning.  This was quite emotional as they are currently living in a nursing home - my Grandpa is unable to see very well or move at all really & my Grandma is suffering from severe dementia.  I don't really see them very often &, to be honest, they don't even remember who I am or when they last saw me anyway, but I still think it's important to at least try to visit when I'm in the area.

The girls spent more time playing with their cousins in the afternoon.  The only half-decent photos I was able to get all weekend were these ones of the toys the girls were playing with nearly all weekend:



It was nice to see everybody but it was also really good to come home - that's the first time ever I've actually felt like that, so this must really feel like "home" to me!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment