Wednesday 10 April 2013

Knit & Natter

I have been looking for a local Knit & Natter group to join for years & I found out about one being run from a wool shop in Doncaster Town Centre ages ago.  I've been debating whether or not to go for a while, knowing that I really wanted to but too scared to actually do anything about it.  That & the fact that it would mean leaving the girls with Hubby for a couple of hours & I felt guilty about doing that - what kind of mother goes out for a couple of hours to have a chat & do some crochet while leaving her children at home?!!!

Hubby has been telling me for ages to try & get some "me-time" so he talked me into going to my first Knit & Natter session today.  I am sooo glad & grateful that he did.  There were only a few ladies there today but they were all so lovely.  I enjoyed a couple of hours just crocheting & chatting about sewing, knitting, crochet etc & I felt like a person outside of housework, motherhood & my husband.  Maybe that sounds a bit selfish but I really needed that time & Hubby has told me to go back again next week as I enjoyed it so much.

I can't wait!!

xxx

1 comment:

  1. Every Mother, and I mean EVERY MOTHER, needs to be a person in her own right and to do things away from their children, you are so lucky to have a partner who encourages you to do it, enjoy. Its not selfish, its vital. Go girl.
    Joy xx

    ReplyDelete