I thought that this would be a perfect way to use all of the colours that were in the room without it being too overbearing. So off I went! I ordered some Stylecraft Special DK & excitedly embarked on a new crochet project. I won't lie, I went into this one with my rose-tinted glasses on somewhat. I looked at Lucy's pattern, read that her starting chain was 240 and thought 240? pah! I'm going to start with 300 chains! So off I went, row after row after row. 300 chains led to a rather long blanket but that's ok, I kept telling myself, I want this to be big enough to have a proper snuggle under in the winter.
I will hold my hands up & say that I was being seriously over-ambitious with this one. I could have let this project go on & on, increasing the size gradually over time, but I got bored. I got to a stage where I thought that's it! I've had enough! It can wrap around someone's shoulders nicely so it will do! Despite this one being stopped much sooner than I originally planned, I'm still really chuffed with it. The colours work really well together & it has been used quite a bit by Hubby - if he says it's big enough then I can live with that!!!
Here's my "finished" blanket:
Annoyingly there was a gust of wind as this photo was taken so the blanket was being blown backwards!
A closer picture so you can see the colours:
and an even closer one!
It's not as chunky as the original blanket in the photo above but it still works well. I used black as the main colour, equal amounts of green & cyan & then a few stripes of charcoal grey, pink & white. It goes nicely with the decor in our Living Room anyway!!!