Hi! I hope you've had a lovely weekend. Mine has been exhausting. I decided to take advantage of the nice weather & tackle our front garden. It's quite a big garden, which is split into two sections (we have 2 front doors. I started on Thursday afternoon & finally "finished" yesterday evening. I say "finished" because all I have actually done is weed all of the flower beds - I have some bulbs & a couple of plants to put in as well as plant my primulas in some pots (they're still sitting in their tray on the table in the back garden at the moment!).
So, here's a few pictures of the side-front-door part of the garden. There's an L-shaped flower bed that runs along the front of the side extension & down the side of the main part of the house.
This photo shows how full of weeds all of the flower beds are:
So, it took me a little while (& I also had a bit of help from Abby) but here's the much-improved corner bed:
The same side of the garden has a little break in the flower beds for step to the path & then the bed continues down to the front of the garden. Here's what they looked like before:
Much better! This photo shows what this side of the garden looks like in front of the side-front-door:
Still being helped by Abby, you can see how bad the weeds were: (this is the view from the path as you look out from the front door)
This is a little bed that is to the right of the front door:
Here is a close-up of the bed underneath the window:
I had Freya helping this afternoon: