Wednesday 6 January 2010

The Perfect Housewife?

I finished work in October 2008 to go on maternity leave and was made redundant before returning, so I have been a stay-at-home mum/housewife for 15 months now.  You'd think that by now I'd have established some sort of routine and that the day-to-day chores would be up-to-date, wouldn't you?  Unfortunately that's not the case!!

When I was at school I gave the impression of being a very organised and tidy person - so much so that I used to de-clutter, clean and tidy my best friends' bedrooms for them, sad as that sounds!  Over the years this reputation caught hold and I have even been referred to as "Monica" (Geller, Friends OCD clean-freak).  Truth be told, I WISH I WAS LIKE HER!!!  I really do, but it seems that as I've got older I've always managed to find better things to do - even sitting down doing nothing was more appealing!

So here I am, at the start of 2010 with about 4 weeks worth of ironing to catch up on;




Christmas decorations to heave up into the loft;




Bedrooms to de-clutter;








and a routine to establish - if not for my own sake but for the sake of my long-suffering husband and daughter!

I knew that I needed inspiration and came across Anthea Turner, self-proclaimed Perfect Housewife.  I bought the book and I watched the DVDs and I feel much more enthusiastic about what I need to do.  Who knows, by the end of the year I may have mastered the art & have it down to a T.  Speaking of which, my cuppa calls.......

1 comment:

  1. Hi Doris and welcome to the world of blogging....it certainly is very addictive..I love it...not very good at it but trying harder with my writing and photography. Love reading about peoples homes, love my home, always looking for things to make it more decorative..love looking at peoples decorating, crafting and such...look forward to following your escapades...good luck....Teresa

    ReplyDelete