Friday 29 January 2010

Ikea

Hello!  How are you?

We decided to have a little family outing to Ikea yesterday.  I LOVE Ikea.  I wander around in awe of all the little room set-ups, amazed at how they manage to get so much stuff in such small spaces and yet not an item of "clutter" to be seen anywhere.  How do they do it?!!!

I treated myself to a couple of little treasures though (how can you go to Ikea and not buy anything?!)....


A lovely little pot of hyacinths.........




and some gorgeous picture cards that I just couldn't resist.  I have no idea where I am going to put them, but I'm sure I will find somewhere!

These are my symbols of calm and tranquility in an otherwise chaotic house......




I hope you have a relaxing weekend, whatever you are doing.
xxx

5 comments:

  1. I love Ikea too! We often go as a family and the kids enjoy the creche while we get to have a good look at things without pestering! We then go into the cafe to have a nice and resonably priced lunch, then kids have a play/look in the children's area and then off to the tills we go. If the kids are especially good then they get to have an icecream after we have paid too! You did well to only come away with only those small purchases!
    Ali
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We also had lunch while we were there, which was nice! I did come away with a couple of other bits but they were too boring to really mention!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the cards you bought, Ikea is so tempting! I always end up buying more fabric and more storage things to keep it all in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ikea....wonderful...love our days out there, like yourself wandering around. Went the other week and bought some gorgeous silk flowers for £2.99 each, went to local garden centre, I kid you not the very same £8.49 bargain!!!!....anyways after wandering around Ikea off to restaurant for lunch....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoping to go to Ikea soon...I love it and because it's not just round the corner,I don't get there as often as I'd like.When I do go,I tend to go a bit mad...because everything is so reasonable.I love their candles,kitchen stuff,cushions and rugs.

    Bellaboo

    ReplyDelete