Sunday 10 January 2010

It's Oh So Quiet.....sshhhh......sshhh

Everyone in the house is asleep except me, of course!  Poppy & Holly are curled up on the sofa asleep next to me, Freya went upstairs for her nap about 30 minutes ago and hubby is asleep in bed as he's working nights this weekend.  It's lovely!

My husband doesn't understand how I can just sit in silence with not even the tv or radio on in the background but I find it very relaxing.  What helps at the moment is the smell of my beef casserole cooking in the oven wafting through the house, making it all feel very cosy and homely.  See, I can be domesticated!!!!

The snow has just started coming down again here and, as nice as it is to look at, I really want it to go away now!  I haven't ventured out of the house for a week and I'm starting to get cabin fever!  That and the fact that we're starting to run low on food supplies, so I really need to go shopping.  I thought I'd be clever and see if I could order my shopping online to be delivered as I've seen the Tesco van come up and down our road a few times over the past few days.  Unfortunately, everyone else must have had the same thought as there were no delivery slots until Thursday afternoon!  I'm afraid I will need some bits and pieces long before then!

Oh well, people in other countries manage to carry on with their day-to-day lives in the snow (far much more of it than us as well!), so I will have to brave the cold weather.

I hope you are keeping warm and cosy as much as possible on these cold winter days.

xxx

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean...sometimes its just nice to sit quietly and just be....its lovely to be able to do it...as for shopping....urrrrggggghhhhh!....Its funny I was watching a lady on the tv bemoaning the fact that there was not a loaf of bread to be had anywhere.....ermmmm!!!! duh...thought I ever tried readymix bread or bread flour, easy peasy and even better with a breadmaker. I've brought lots of kitchen bits and bobs over the years but one of the best buys that gets used is my breadmaker. Only thing is it tastes so lovely the loaf never stays around for long....hope you get your shopping done.
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete