I can't believe another week has gone already & that we're into the last few days of February. This year is flying by! We had another lazy weekend like the last and I'm now eager to pull myself out of my "cloud" & actually DO something rather than just waste time thinking about what I should be doing.
I stopped taking my anti-depressants at the beginning of the year & I am determined not to go back to them unless it is absolutely necessary - I've spent the last 6 years, more-or-less on & off in between babies, taking various medications & I think the time has come to try to cope on my own. I know it's not easy but I'm in a much better place than I was 6 years ago that I think I can do it - my family also deserves my best efforts!
The whole point of this post today was to remind myself that I have come a hell of a long way in the past year or so & that I am already doing a lot to make myself feel better & keep myself on track.
I know I keep going on about it, I'm sorry if I'm sounding like a broken record, but I've been following FLYLady & have found this to be an absolute blessing. Since starting with the routines I have managed to keep up with the following:
- Get up & get dressed to shoes before doing anything else in the morning
- Do at least one load of laundry a day
- Make sure the kitchen is cleaned (with shiny sink!) every evening before I sit down for the night
- Put the dishwasher on every evening & wash up anything that doesn't fit in rather than just leaving it on the side to wait for the next load
- Ironing is kept up-to-date & I do it at least once a week (I used to leave it sometimes until all of our clothes had been worn & I had noo choice but to iron!)
- My Weekly Home Blessing is done without fail every Monday morning, so even if I have a bad week & don't get anything else done then at least the house has had a quick once-over
- I more-or-less know what we're going to be having for dinner during the week due to a little bit of planning in advance. This has saved us a huge amount of money on last minute shopping trips/takeaways
As I mentioned before, this post is really meant for me to serve as a reminder of the things I do do when I'm making myself feel bad about the things I don't do.
Ps. I realise that to a lot of people my list is going to seem somewhat pathetic, that the reaction may be "So what?! I do all that plus x,y,z every day" but to me this is a big achievement.