Monday 25 October 2010

We're Here!

Hello everybody!  I hope that you are all keeping well.

This is going to be another quick one today, I'm afraid.  We're here!  We're settling very nicely into our new home up here in South Yorkshire.  Of course we still have boxes to unpack but on the whole we're done.  We have a MASSIVE garden, which I really can't wait to make a start on when the weather gets a bit warmer.  Freya is going to LOVE all of the extra space come the Summer (especially seeing as the previous occupiers have left their big trampoline in the garden!)  We are so close to the town centre and have walked there and back a few times.  We have a HUGE park around the corner where Freya can "weeeeeeee" while on the swings.  All in all, things are going well.

I have even had some time to catch up on my crochet projects that have been on the go for a few months.  I don't know whether I mentioned before, but Hubby's brother and sister-in-law are expecting their first babies in December - non-identical twins!  We're all sooo excited.  I have been crocheting each twin a blanket, which I have really enjoyed but have also been a little bit frustrated with as I have had to be quite careful with the colours I've chosen as we don't know whether they're going to come out blue or pink!

Speaking of which, we have had our 22 week scan and, unlike my brother-in-law, we were very keen to find out what we are having.........................................it's ANOTHER GIRL!!!!!  We're really pleased.  I think Hubby would have liked a boy, just for balance, but he's still pleased nonetheless.  On a completely practical level, it means that we don't have to rush out to buy loads of new clothes! ;-)

Anyway, I hope to come back soon with some photos of my crochet and also perhaps a few of the house.  Until then, take care.

xxx

5 comments:

  1. Hurray!! Glad to hear that you're all settled in to the new place.

    Congratulations on having another girl, it seems to be baby central at the moment, my sister-in-law has just had one and my boss is currently away because his wife's in labour - I'm hoping it's not catching!

    Look forward to see the blankets for the twins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Glad everything is going well
    Best wishes to you all
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you have settled in! Good news on the baby front - you will already have plenty of girly stuff left from Freya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fantastic new house, new baby, congratulations. I too am busy crocheting baby blankets, one blue one pink, but for different mum's to be, the pink is for my niece.

    Can't wait to see some photo's of you new house.

    Hugs RosieP x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are enjoying the new house! Yay a girl! I'm so pleased My baby is a girl, we have gone pink crazy in our house!! I'm sure Freya is thrilled to be getting a sister!!

    ReplyDelete